Open Clothing Donations
Please bring your clean, professional attire folded in boxes, tubs or shopping bags to the door marked Donations, up the ramp on the front right-hand side of the building.
Every Tuesday from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm.
Please bring your clean items folded in boxes, tubs or shopping bags to the door marked Donations, up the ramp on the front right-hand side of the building.
We are located at 423 E. 32nd St., Davenport, IA 52803. Parking is available in front of the building along 32nd Street.
What to Donate:
- Professional blouses
- Professional jackets
- Professional skirts and pants
- Structured dresses
- New or nearly-new scrubs in excellent condition
- Casual Clothing in excellent or very good condition (e.g., khakis, jeans, cardigans, tops, etc.)
- Shoes (both heels and rubber-soled work shoes) in excellent condition that are free of excessive scuffing, flaking/dry rot inside
- Handbags (including briefcases and portfolios without logos)
- Jewelry separated in individual plastic bags
Dress for Success Quad Cities strives to make sure the women we serve look and feel their best when going to a job interview in order to give them every opportunity to make a great first impression. Image Coaches not only assist women in selecting a complete interview outfit including a handbag, shoes, and accessories, they also provide one-on-one attention, style and presentation advice, and confidence-boosting support.
When you donate to Dress for Success Quad Cities every piece of your donation will help someone who needs it. If it is not quite right for, or currently needed in the boutique, your clothing might end up in one of our FAB Friday Sales, or as part of our annual fashion fundraiser, Recycle the Runway. Our sales give women in the Quad Cities a low-cost opportunity to bolster their professional wardrobe.
Fill-A-Bag (FAB) Friday Sales and Recycle the Runway help raise critical funds for our programs and services that provide career and professional development resources to women throughout the Quad Cities who are unemployed, underemployed, transitioning back into the workforce or into a new industry, who are looking to advance in their careers, or wanting to gain new skills.
Whatever clothing is not used in the boutique, sales, or fundraisers is picked up by Salvation Army.
Preparing Your Donation:
- Clothing should be in new or nearly new condition.
- All items should be freshly laundered or dry-cleaned.
- Items should be folded in boxes, tubs or shopping bags.
- Items should be no more than five years old (for fashion appropriateness)
- Clothing in trash bags will not be accepted for safety reasons.
*Please note, we DO NOT accept donations of hangers without clothing on them.*