We are always looking for guest speakers to bring their expertise, knowledge, and passion about a variety of subjects to the women of the Quad Cities! Do you have knowledge and passion about a topic that you’d like to share with our audience?
Guest Speaker Responsibilities:
We ask that our guest speakers design a 1-hour workshop or presentation on a theme/topic of their choosing that they will deliver to Dress for Success Quad Cities members in workshop/webinar format. All guest workshops will be recorded and made available on our workshop for future viewing.
What should a presentation look like?
- Slide Deck (i.e., a presentation build to PowerPoint, Canva, Google Slides, etc. that you will present)
- Q&A Session
- OPTIONAL: Worksheets or Deliverables (i.e., handouts to be sent to clients before or after workshop/webinar)
Topics you might present on:
- Career/Professional Development (e.g., “Dressed w/o Stress,” “Finding Your Personal Style,” “Winning Negotiation Strategies,” “Re-entering the Workforce”)
- Health & Wellness (e.g., “Managing Your Mindset,” “Healthy on a Budget,” “Starting Your Day w/Stretching”)
- Financial Literacy (e.g., “Learning to Meal Plan on a Dime,” “Debt Management,” “Entertainment on a Budget,” “Cutting the Cable Cord,” “Financial Goal-Setting,” “Investing with Acorns”)
- Work & Life (“Setting Bitchin’ Boundaries,” “Practical Strategies for Advocating for Yourself & Your Family,” “Being Productive While Working from Home,” “Keeping the Kiddos Focused During COVID”)
- Civic Responsibility (e.g., “Advocacy: Turning Passion into Engagement,” “Leadership,” “How to Spot Fake News,” “Understanding the Common Good,” “County Government Structure and Authority”)
- Special Interest (“Women: From Margins to Mainstream,” “Busting Through the Glass Ceiling,” “The History of Gaining the Right to Vote,” “Barriers to Success for Women of Color,” “Eliminating Stress with Bread Baking,” “Productivity Tips to Suit Your Enneagram Type”)
We suggest you plan for a 40-45 minute presentation + 15-20 minute Q&A session.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Lacey at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in being a guest workshop facilitator/guest speaker, please complete the following application: